вторник, 23 юни 2009 г.

Summer in Stockholm

The summer solstice, or as I know it, 22nd June has always been associated in my mind with:

- My birthday...Yep, I turn x and 3 months every year on 22nd June:))
- Eniovden (which by the way is todayyyy, on 24th June), samodivi, bilki etc.
- The longest day of the year...

I remember playing on the streets till about 11pm when I was young, our mums always shouting from the windows to come home..

But today I got a totally different perspective of the longest day...or the never ending day...or sun all night:)

I am in Stockholm for a short, I guess good-bye, visit and arriving last night at 9pm was quite shocking. I´ve never seen Stockholm so sunny and bright ever!!! And then I had to try to sleep with the sun shining still at 11pm...

Guess my surprise when waking up at 2am, 3am, 4am...it's still light...And man, 5am the sun is shining right through the hotel window.

So, my friends, this is summer in Stockholm. White nights, here I come!!!

xx

1 коментар:

  1. Звучи толкова готско - да можеш да наваксаш изгубения в работата слънчев ден! :)

    ОтговорИзтриване