понеделник, 2 февруари 2009 г.

Snowdon - Day Five
























No buses since 11 o'clock last night

No tube

More than 100 schools and offices closed

All trains delayed

All flights cancelled...all 760 of them!

London is at a standstill


It started snowing last night, this morning at 4am everything is white...Am I going to fly or not? BA's website kindly informs me that my flight is cancelled but I need to get to the airport to re-book my flight.

The streets are dead, luckily Alex is brave enough to drive me to the new Terminal 5. Inside, the queues are enormous...!!! There is no way I am waiting...I manage to find a BA man, going on his break and plead him to help...He gives me a "magic number" - and yes, it works, the lady manages to re-book me on a flight tomorrow at 10.45am

Wish me luck!!!!

Going back, the streets are white and beautiful, I am exhausted from all the yo-yo emotions this morning...I love the snow but not when I am due to travel... Everyone is on the streets, some have never seen snow before...This is the heaviest snowfall in London since 1991.

As Alex's niece told her dad this morning "Daddy, there is so much milk outside"....

Safely back at 7 Ballantrae House, I am typing this, hoping to get some nice sleep...I'll upload the photos later;-)

I love you Snowdon!!?;-)))

x

3 коментара:

  1. Bring me a snowball on your way back pleaseeee! :)

    ОтговорИзтриване
  2. Haha, I need to get to Stockholm first;-)))

    Boiche, mersi, che chetesh!xx

    ОтговорИзтриване
  3. Ееее, как няма да чета, като е интересно! Само моля ми махни името, че съм агент на високо засекретена позиция ;)
    Oh great! A look at Stockholm through your blog will be even better than a snowball ;)

    ОтговорИзтриване